define-minor-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: define-minor-mode
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 12:10:11 +0900 (JST)

Auto-compression-mode was recently changed to use `define-minor-mode'.

However, define-minor-mode attempts to immediately call the defined
function if the associated variable is non-nil; if it's situated in the
middle of a file being loaded, this fails if some of the functions used
by the minor-mode function are not yet defined.

If fixed this in jka-compr.el by just moving the define-minor-mode to
near the end of the file, but I think that this really shouldn't be
necessary, since define-minor-mode `feels' like a function definition,
and function definitions can typically be in any order in elisp.

I don't know what the correct thing to change is, though, since the
offending feature of define-minor-mode seems useful.  Is it possible
to push forms onto a list to be evaluated when a file is done loading?

-Miles