Re: mode-line-inverse-video

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: mode-line-inverse-video
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 20:44:13 +0200

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 09:58:22 +0900 (JST)
>
> [...] major version change is the time do get rid of dead wood like this.

But not as close to the pretest as we are, and certainly not after
Gerd called (a few weeks ago!) for a feature freeze.

Removing that dead wood needs to be tested, documentation needs to be
changed accordingly, any bugs revealed by it removal found, debugged,
and fixed, etc., etc.

How will we ever be able to start the pretest and release this
version, if people keep adding new features all the time?