Re: secondary-selection face

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: secondary-selection face
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 22:40:40 +0200

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 22:19:46 +0900 (JST)
>
> I find the light-background region face almost invisible, whereas the
> secondary-selection face is like a laser drilling through your eyeballs.

The second one of these is "yellow", which to me doesn't look like a
laser at all.

This might also be a matter of display mode and/or performance.

> I might suggest just swapping the two; anyone else who normally uses a light
> background (I don't) have any opinion?

One thing that bothers me is that both region and secondary-selection
have very similar colors.

> Obviously this is a matter of opinion.

If there is disagreement about the new colors, perhaps it's better to
revert to the old ones.  At least users are already ``used'' to those.
(Did we actually have complaints about the default colors in v20 and
before?)