Re: problem of released-button style mode-line

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: problem of released-button style mode-line
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:16:51 +0900 (JST)

Gerd Moellmann <address@hidden> writes:
> > I think correct thing to do is change the case in Fpos_visible_in_window_p
> > where the window vars are not up-to-date, where it currently does the
> > stuff with move_it_to, to do a full update of the window's desired_matrix
> > *if* FULLY is t (instead of using move_it_to; of course if FULLy is nil,
> > it would just use the old method).  That should make the information
> > accurate without doing a real redisplay.
>
> Sorry, too many messages :-).  I'm handling them in big batches
> currently.  Could you please explain what the problem is?

I added an argument, FULLY, to Fpos_visible_in_window_p that uses the window's
desired_matrix to do more careful checking of partial visiblity.

However, in the case where the window layout has been recently changed, with
no intervening redisplay, the desired_matrix is out of date.  I want a way to
update the window's desired_matrix, without doing a real redisplay.

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche