Re: default bg color on ttys

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: default bg color on ttys
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:07:55 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Miles Bader wrote:

> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> > Perhaps we need to add a command to set the background mode, if M-x
> > customize is deemed too awkward for this.
>
> That would be adequate; then I could do `emacs -f light-background-mode'
> or something.

Okay, I will add that.

>  It would also help for those cases that *are* handleable
> in .emacs -- Currently only only good way I can figure out to frob this
> is to do:
>
>   (setq frame-background-mode ...)
>   (frame-set-background-mode (selected-frame))

And even that is probably not 100% reliable, due to the nuisance with
initial frame vs the other frames.  (I can never remember whether -f
and/or -eval are run before or after the code which sets up colors and
faces.)  You need to mapc, like customize does when you frob
fram-background-mode...