Re: tool-tip default

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: tool-tip default
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 12:29:53 +0200 (IST)

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Dave Love wrote:

> If we're targeting the refugees, do DozeN'T apps typically have a
> blinking cursor?

Yes, for the most part.  The DOS cursor (and the cursor of any console
application) actually blinks in hardware, and you cannot switch that
blinking off, at least not easily.

For the DOS port of Emacs 21, I wrote special code to support the
cursor-type frame parameter, and made the default cursor be a box,
since a blinking bar is not visible enough on a busy frame.  I like
the results quite a lot.