Re: No CVS tags?

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: No CVS tags?
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:26:07 GMT

 EZ> One possible reason is that, since Emacs was put under CVS, no release
 EZ> has been done yet. ;-)

Indeed.  I had it in mind to import a 20.7 branch, but there hasn't
been any call for it as far as I know.

 >> Since there aren't any tags, is there a way to find out which
 >> version of a particular file went into a particular Emacs release?

 EZ> You should be able to find out that info based on dates.  All the
 EZ> ChangeLog files have a "Version XX.YY released" in them, which marks
 EZ> the release of each official version.  You can use the date of that
 EZ> entry to look up versions of individual files in the repository.

That's not necessarily so for later stuff.  Emacs 20.7, for instance,
definitely doesn't correspond to the code base in CVS at the time 20.7
was released (or, indeed, to anything in CVS exactly).