Re: Emacs Development

From: Gerd Moellmann
Subject: Re: Emacs Development
Date: 22 Nov 2000 23:21:06 +0100

Charles Sebold <address@hidden> writes:

> Having said all that, yesterday I ran across a tarball at alpha.gnu.org,
> with an alpha release of Emacs 21.  I do not know if bug reports are
> being accepted from the general public for that release yet...could
> someone "in the know" comment on this?

They are welcome, now that the pretest ``leaked'' into the public.

The problem is that I've got ~150 msgs yesterday, and more than 200
today (don't know how many of these are from the said public; we're
anyway in the hot phase of the pretest.)  So, if soneone wants to
report a bug, please read the section Reporting Bugs in Emacs' manual
carefully, provide a complete test case, a fix if you can and so on,
and please don't expect an immediate response.