Re: key bindings in hideshow.el

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: key bindings in hideshow.el
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:34:38 -0800

Stefan Monnier <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

  > > thi <address@hidden> writes:
  > > >    2 of them are assigned to keys that are used a lot in cc-mode based
modes.
  > > >    C-c C-c is comment-region
  > > > i am open to suggestions.  (the current keybindings do not conflict in
  > > > lispish modes, which is where i use hideshow mostly.)
  > >
  > > Although I've been thinking it would be nice to bind comment-region in
  > > emacs-lisp-mode too, and it would better to use the same binding as
  > > cc-mode...
  >
  > May I point out that C-c C-c for comment-region is only useful if
  > you don't use transient-mark-mode.  Otherwise, you can just use
  > comment-dwim bound to M-; which always does-what-I-mean.

Thanks Stefan, I didn't know about comment-dwim, then the problem of
having a function for commenting bound by default is solved.

I would suggest adding a line at the beginning of the docstring for
`comment-region' saying:

Users are recommended to use the `comment-dwim' function for
interactive commenting/uncommenting, it is bound by default to M-;

(or something like that)

--dan