Re: Speedbar segv

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Speedbar segv
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 20:28:30 +0300

> From: "Eric M. Ludlam" <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 12:57:04 -0400
>
> I tried Eli's watchpoint idea, but the value changes about 10000 times
> and I could find a way to do conditional watch points from the info
> manual.

Sorry, I don't remember the details.  Could you please tell what did
you want to do with watchpoints?  I will then try to help you do that.

In general, watchpoint conditions are set by watching an appropriate
expression.  For example, the following command will only stop Emacs
when the variable i has the value 42:

     (gdb) watch i == 42

When the condition does become true, GDB will say that the old value
was 0 and the new value is 1, i.e. the expression now yields TRUE (1)
where its previous value was FALSE (0).