Emacs 21 and Unicode

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Emacs 21 and Unicode
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:02:50 +0200

What's the current advice with this combination?  I used to use
Mule-UCS (0.84) but that caused breakage with Gnus: UTF-8 encoded
news postings were doubly encoded, I think.  I'm sure the UTF-8 was
b0rked, not exactly sure in which way.  I turned off Mule-UCS and now
my postings are okay, but now I can't display or send CJKV messages in
UTF-8.

Hm.  I wonder...  Would Gnus with Mule-UCS choose UTF-8 for messages
which contain a combination of Latin-1 and Latin-9 characters?
Without Mule-UCS, Gnus creates multipart messages.

If you tell me that Emacs 21 + Gnus + Mule-UCS should work together,
then I shall try harder to get it working.

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory