Re: 21.1 released

From: Gerd Moellmann
Subject: Re: 21.1 released
Date: 23 Oct 2001 11:39:40 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

> why is Gerd leaving the Emacs project?

When I took over from Richard, I said I'd try the job for a year, and
then see if I liked it and wanted to continue.  I didn't like the job,
for reasons I think don't matter, and so I wanted to quit a year ago.
This hasn't happened, for reasons that I also think don't matter, but
I feel it's more than overdue now that 21.1 is released.

And BTW, before rumours come up, I can assure everyone that my reasons
for leaving the Emacs project have nothing to do with Richard, the
Emacs team, or something else of that kind.

> I haven't seen an announcement of him...

The official announcement that Richard takes over again would have
been found in the official announcement of 21.1, which I haven't seen
yet appearing.  I hope the FSF hasn't forgotten to send it out.