Re: Build Emacs from CVS

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Build Emacs from CVS
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:20:01 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Kenichi Handa wrote:

> They are re-build by "make bootstrap", thus get different
> from what stored in the repository.  If we do "cvs update"
> next time, there's a possiblity of conflict (although
> usually cvs merges the difference successfully).

Yes, but I think removing them will make more trouble than leaving them.

People who use the CVS sources should know what they are doing.  I don't
think any of the developers had any problems with loaddefs.el during the
entire pretest, right?  So, evidently, this problem is not too hard to
solve.

If that's not good enough, we could arrange for automatic updates of
loaddefs.el.  I think the same machinery that mails me every commit to
the CVS tree can also update loaddefs.el.