tooltip-delay

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: tooltip-delay
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:04:09 +0200

The default value of tooltip-delay is 1 second.  Over the last couple
of months I watched several newbies, and came to a conclusion that
this delay is a bit too long: many users move the mouse pointer before
the tip pops up, and thus lose the information Emacs would have shown
them.

AFAICS, other GUI applications pop up tooltips a bit faster.  More
importantly, most tooltips in other programs have trivial text,
whereas in Emacs we make a point of putting lots of useful info there.

So I'm suggesting to slash the delay to something like 0.6 second.
What do people feel about this?