Re: tooltip-delay

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: tooltip-delay
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:23:19 +0200

> From: Karl Eichwalder <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 19:47:05 +0200
>
> I'm quite happy with 1s; please, leave it as is.

Are you sure 0.7s will make a real difference for you?

Anyway, for now you are in a minority, Karl, so please fasten your
seat belt ;-)

> Tooltips are useful for modeline.  Tooltips for menu entries are
> arguable.

Don't menu tooltip add useful information?

Also, tooltip are available in many other places in Emacs, besides
menus and the mode line.  In general, every mouse-sensitive portion of
text should have a tooltip with some useful help message.