Re: idea -> internal frames?

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: idea -> internal frames?
Date: 26 Oct 2001 17:26:05 -0400

> * In message <address@hidden>
> * On the subject of "Re: idea -> internal frames?"
> * Sent on 25 Oct 2001 00:11:21 +0100
> * Honorable Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:
>
> I think dockable frames would be more useful and less of a drastic
> change than internal frames. I'm not sure if this requires
> co-operation from the Window Manager though.

I would rather say that it would require WM not to interfere.
(e.g., there should be no constrains for the Emacs windows for
constraint-resolving VMs).

Adding a `move-frame-hook' frame-local hook and putting a couple of
`set-frame-position' calls into that of a "docked" frame should
suffice.

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Keep Jerusalem united! <http://www.onejerusalem.org/Petition.asp>