Re: transient-mark-mode: change address@hidden, address@hidden

From: Reto Zimmermann
Subject: Re: transient-mark-mode: change address@hidden, address@hidden
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:36:57 -0800

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Yes, I want the highlight be independent of the Emacs region between
> point and the mark.

I see.  My actual point and the reason for my suggestion was that the
great functionality of comment-dwim to comment/uncomment code cannot be
used in non-tmm.  I think there should be an easily accessible command
(with default key binding) that does this commenting/uncommenting of
regions independently of modes.  I have such a command in vhdl-mode and
users love it.