Re: Emacs + LessTif serious scroll judder when point-max is visible

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs + LessTif serious scroll judder when point-max is visible
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 03:24:27 -0700 (MST)

    Maybe we should use this patch for Motif but not for Xaw3d
    (the jitter is usually less severe with Xaw3d) ?

If that is better than using it always, we can do that.

On an issue like this, which is a matter of tuning the behavior
and not a clear right or wrong, there's no reason we should not
tune it differently for different cases.