Re: I have committed changes to control fringe widths.

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: I have committed changes to control fringe widths.
Date: 01 Dec 2001 13:35:59 +0000

On w32...

> >   (modify-frame-parameters nil '((left-fringe . -8) (right-fringe . nil)))
>
> If no fringes then it restores the fringes as it looked by default.

In my case, the left fringe is narrower (8 pixels) than the default
and the right fringe wider (13 pixels). My default font is 7 pixels
wide, which gives default widths of 10 pixels for the left fringe and
11 for the right. A default font with a width of 8 pixels, might cause
the above to look the same as the default case.

> >   (modify-frame-parameters nil '((left-fringe . nil) (right-fringe . -8)))

Now the left fringe is wider (13 pixels), and the right fringe
narrower (8 pixels).

--
Jason Rumney