Re: New mh-e toolbar icons

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: New mh-e toolbar icons
Date: 02 Dec 2001 00:56:59 -0800

>       Where would folks prefer I check them in, in mail (default), or
>       perhaps in toolbar since we do take advantage of many icons in there?
>
> I think it is cleaner to keep all the icons in the toolbar directory.
> That will facilitate reuse of these icons for other purposes.

  I agree. I'll do that.

> The icons that are only suitable for mail, because the actual images
> somehow refer to mail, should have `mail' in the file names.  But any
> images that might be useful for other things should *not* have `mail'
> in their file names.

  Good point. Peter, given the contents of the images at present, it
  would seem that only mail_reply.xpm (er, mail-reply.xpm), is the
  only icon which is mail specific. Please consider renaming the
  others to be used in other contexts. (We can chat offline about
  this.)

> Please don't use `_' in file names.  In GNU we recommend `-', never
> `_'.

  Thanks for the tip, we'll make the change. We were following the
  examples in the toolbar directory. Those files should be changed so
  that others don't follow the same (bad) example.

  Peter, convert should do the pbm dance nicely.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD
Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!