Re: changes to emacs for ibuffer.el installation

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: changes to emacs for ibuffer.el installation
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 01:20:01 -0700 (MST)

    Yeah, I started to think about that while working on the manual.
    However, if we just called it buff-menu.el, then people might
    reasonably expect that it would just be additions to the old
    buff-menu.el; i.e. they would expect that all their hooks and
    customizations worked in the same way, that it would have the same
    keybindings, etc.

Can you make some of these hooks and customizations keep
working the same way?  It might not be hard.

Any other customizations simply will stop working anyway,
because C-x C-b won't run the code that uses them.
So don't worry about them.  They are hardly important enough
to justify installing these commands with a name that isn't
the best.