Why abbrev-table has exactly *59* elements?

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Why abbrev-table has exactly *59* elements?
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 13:15:02 +0100

while studying abbrevs concept to the detail, I have found one thing which
is not clear to me. Why 59 as the default length of vector for

DEFUN ("make-abbrev-table", Fmake_abbrev_table, Smake_abbrev_table, 0, 0, 0,
       doc: /* Create a new, empty abbrev table object.  */)
  return Fmake_vector (make_number (59), make_number (0));

I suppose it has been chosen arbitrary. Am I right?

I think it would then be nice to comment that value before this statement
in the sources (I will do that if you tell me the reason).
Pavel Janík

Yeah, that kernel is so great it finds hardware you don't even have.
                  -- Steve Alexander (Silicon Graphics) about Linux on MIPS