Re: major mode for editing POV-Ray scene description files

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: major mode for editing POV-Ray scene description files
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 22:26:41 -0700 (MST)

Last I recall, POV-Ray was not free software.  Has that changed?
Could you show me the latest license of POV-Ray?

If it is not free software, we won't want to support it.

I believe there is a free software ray tracer, Panorama perhaps.
Would you like to write Emacs support for that?
That is something we would want to install.  We want to
support and encourage free programs, not non-free programs.