Re: Patch for copyright.el to allow multi-line copyrights

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: Patch for copyright.el to allow multi-line copyrights
Date: 09 Jan 2002 00:22:08 +0000

Great minds ... or something, but the patch I sent before I saw this
is more general.  It will work for non-Lisp comment characters, though
only if the 30-year old Fortran has been converted to use f90-style
comments :-(.)

I suspect it should also look for multiple copyright lines and choose
to update the last one, since that's most likely to be relevant in
cases like:

  ;; Copyright (C) 1995 Electrotechnical Laboratory, JAPAN.
  ;; Licensed to the Free Software Foundation.
  ;; Copyright (C) 2001  Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Anyone have a better suggestion?