Re: File name completion with non-ascii filenames

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: File name completion with non-ascii filenames
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:28:16 -0700 (MST)

    That part uses Fstring_match to compare, and I thought Fstring_match does
    TRT with both unibyte and multibyte strings.  Doesn't it?

It does that, but it doesn't handle encoding and decoding,
which is what's needed here.

    Should I understand that you don't see the slow-down I measured as
    significant, and I can go ahead with making these changes?

I hadn't noticed that you'd already made the measurement--I was just
talking about the code.  But now I see the results, and I think the
slowdown is acceptable.  So please go ahead.

It is possible that the further changes will speed this up again.