Re: Customize may not be appropriate for older users

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Customize may not be appropriate for older users
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:50:31 +0000 (UTC)

       Stuffing them in a directory would make life a little simpler.

I have the following Emacs related dotfiles in ~bob:

    .emacs .emacs-19 .emacs-21 .emacs-21-large .emacs-21-sample
    .emacs-21-short .emacs-21-w3-test .emacs-long-test.el .emacs-test
    .emacs.d/ .emacs.desktops .emacs640x480 .emacs_short

and would NOT want to put them into a subdirectory since I can visit
the files now with a minimal of typing, something I cannot do if I add
another directory layer.

Different people have different patterns of activity.  Please keep
open the possibility of flat directory structures.

Thank you.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  address@hidden
    Rattlesnake Enterprises             http://www.rattlesnake.com