Re: Updated GNU TLS bindings

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Updated GNU TLS bindings
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 21:32:16 +0200

> From: Simon Josefsson <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:57:53 +0100
>
> What do you think of gnutls.el?  It contains variable definitions used
> by C defuns.  Maybe I should move these defvars into C?  The problem
> is that there are maybe a hundred more of them, from the gnutls.h
> file.
>
> I have also considered that they shouldn't be integer variables at
> all, but rather symbols.  So you would say (gnutls-init myproc
> 'gnutls-client) instead of (gnutls-init myproc gnutls-client).

I'll let Richard and others answer this; I'm not sure I'm
knowledgeable enough to advise on these matters.

Personally, I define variables in Lisp when they either are of
interest to Lisp programs or make things easier to customize or
maintain.

> What is the policy regarding the Gnus manual?  Is anyone editing it
> for use in Emacs, or is it incorporated straight from the Gnus
> distribution?

If we make changes in the Gnus manual, we send them to Gnus
maintainers, to keep their version ins sync.