completion windows

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: completion windows
Date: 02 Feb 2002 19:13:29 +0000

One thing that I find very annoying is windows sticking around longer
then they need to.

The *Completion* window is a case in point, when one does etags
completion or dabbrev completion the window hangs around when it
doesn't need to.

For example:

- type some text to be completed

- run dabbrev-completion to cause a list of options to appear

- type some more text (which will qualify the completion enough to
  finish)

- run dabbrev-completion again

The result is that dabbrev-completion messages:

  The only possible completion

but the window is still on the screen... it doesn't need to be.

I have a patch for this (and for complete-tag) if anyone is
interested.

Nic Ferrier