Re: Proposal: Only highlight mouse-face when mouse is moved

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Proposal: Only highlight mouse-face when mouse is moved
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:12:59 -0700 (MST)

    I am getting pretty tired of arbitrary text getting highlighted, e.g.
    after splitting windows, just because there happens to be some text
    with the mouse-face at the place where mouse cursor happens to be.

That seems correct to me.  The highlighting says the mouse is over
a sensitive area.

    It seems fairly easy to me to keep track of whether the last event
    was a mouse movement, and only try to display the mouse face in
    that case.

It might be easy, but I don't think it is correct.