Re: Two new entries in menu-bar's Tools menu

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Two new entries in menu-bar's Tools menu
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:24:36 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Options (at least those in the menu bar's Options menu) are global,
> and when you "Save options", they get written to .emacs.

Not any more, truncate-lines no longer gets saved.

> Flyspell is not like that.

I think it the "Tools -> Spell Checking" submenu would be the most
intuitive place for it, even if it isn't the most logical

> To me, Show/Hide is about minor display features.  Speedbar is much more
> than a minor display feature, so I think classifying it as a tool is more
> correct.

I don't see any requirement for being "minor".  The "Tools ->
Speedbar" menu entry even behave like a toggle, so I think it would
fit naturaly undet "Options -> Show/Hide".