Re: mailabbrev.el, mailalias.el and related package.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: mailabbrev.el, mailalias.el and related package.
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 23:25:22 -0600 (CST)

Richard Stallman asked:

         Can you tell me which of the recent bugs (if any) your
         package does NOT fix?  And can you fix them?

I can now answer this more definitively:

My package totally takes care of all bugs posted on this site in
January and February on the mailabbrev issue.  (Unless I would have
missed one.)

Not a bug, but a possible inefficiency remains.  It currently has to
load sendmail.  Absolutely no problem for users of RMAIL, but
inefficient for users of message-mode.  I believe that problem will
not be too difficult to take care of once I get a chance to take a
look at message.el.

Although I clearly can not guarantee anything, I would guess that
delivering a completed and ready package may take from three to six
months.