Re: x-autoselect-window

From: Gerd Moellmann
Subject: Re: x-autoselect-window
Date: 19 Feb 2002 10:49:00 +0100

> Gerd, I see you created a variable handling_signal and made Feval
> abort if that is nonzero.  Was there a reason you used handling_signal
> rather than interrupt_input_blocked?  interrupt_input_blocked can be
> nonzero outside of signal handling in code where reading events should
> be deferred, but I think it is just as wrong to call eval or switch
> windows in those places.

ISTR, when I added that check to Feval initially, I found that it is
(was?) sometimes called with input blocked, although only from places
where code in BLOCK/UNBLOCK_INPUT is kind of a ``critical section''
that must not be interrupted by event handling.  It felt like a good
idea to make real event handling and these critical sections
distinguishable.