RE: Weird frame/buffer interaction

From: EXT-Broida, Michael P
Subject: RE: Weird frame/buffer interaction
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:02:28 -0600

Hi again!
        OK, I just now saw what I assume is the "magic resize" you
        mentioned.  VERY disconcerting.

        I had 6 windows in one frame, and was able to shrink the
        bottom 4 of them down to their minimum size normally.
        (NOTE: that minimum size seems to SOMETIMES be "1",
        SOMETIMES "2", and SOMETIMES "3".  VERY weird.)

        When I tried to expand the very top window such that all
        the others would be minimum size at the bottom, it stopped
        when it reached that "all minimum" state.  But my mouse hand
        continued to move downward and suddenly all the lower
        windows "magically resized" to 5 or 6 lines tall.  This is
        unpleasant, to say the least.

        I was able to, carefully, shrink each one back to minimum
        again.  And I was able to reproduce that magic resizing
        several times in a row.

Stats:
        GNU Emacs 21.1.1 (i386-msvc-nt4.0.1381) of 2001-10-22 on buffy
        WinNT 4.0 with SP6 (I'm pretty sure about the SP#).
        All buffers had either .cpp or .h files in them, thus were in
                "C Abbrev" or "C++ Abbrev" mode.
        Holler if you would like my .emacs and site-start.el files.
                I do just about zero fancy stuff in those files or in
                my use of Emacs.

NOTE: I still often get that condition where dragging the modebars
        down SOMETIMES allow and SOMETIMES disallows the compression
        of multiple windows below that modebar.  Perhaps it is related
        in some way.  Holler for details.

                Mike