overlay start/end marker access funs?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: overlay start/end marker access funs?
Date: 12 Mar 2002 11:51:31 +0900

I wanted to augment `describe-text-at' to print the start/end
insertion-types of overlays, but there doesn't seem to be any way to
actually get that info in elisp.

So, I thought it might be nice to add `overlay-start-marker'and
`overlay-end-marker' access functions -- then one could use
`marker-insertion-type' to do what I want.

Does anyone see a problem with allowing elisp access to these markers?
(or is there one already, and I'm missing it?)

[If there is a problem, I guess something like `overlay-start-insertion-type'
and `overlay-end-insertion-type' would be OK, then.]

Thanks,

-Miles
--
97% of everything is grunge