Re: Declarations in macro definitions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Declarations in macro definitions
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 02:05:44 -0700 (MST)

I like the the idea of putting this info in a macro definition, but I
don't think `declare' is a good name for it.  That name is too general
to fit this rather specific meaning.

I would rather imitate `interactive' and define separate no-op
functions for these purposes.  The things that want to use them
can search the macro definition for them.

(ISTR that someone was implementing this for edebug a few months
ago--in fact, I thought it had been installed already.