emacs mode for gdb using GDB/MI

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: emacs mode for gdb using GDB/MI
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 23:08:25 +0000 (GMT)

(This is a continuation of a thread titled Suggestion/Offer on bug-gnu-emacs)

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, rms wrote:

> We could add some new low-level features to Emacs for this, if
> implementing them is feasible.  I added the overlay-arrow feature
> for the sake of gud.el, way back when.

It would be desirable have symbols to mark breakpoints and the current location.
Perhaps these things are possible in Emacs 21 with its image support Emacs 21.
The fringe might be a suitable place to put them

However, while I have frequently experimented with the lisp interface of Emacs,
I'm not familiar with its C code so this part would be outside my scope.