Re: UDP/DNS in Emacs

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: UDP/DNS in Emacs
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 00:26:59 +0100

> I've basically gotten dns.el to work, only I'm having the usual
> problems with having bytes in the buffer remain bytes and not turning
> into characters.  :-/

And the solution was also the usual.

Well, I've now got the DNS thing implemented, so I can go idea
implementing the actual spam handling stuff.

(query-dns "www.gnus.org")
=>
((id 4)
 (response-p t)
 (opcode query)
 (authoritative-p t)
 (truncated-p t)
 (recursion-desired-p t)
 (response-code no-error)
 (queries
  (("www.gnus.org"
    (type A)
    (class IN))))
 (answers
  ((".www.gnus.org"
    (type A)
    (class IN)
    (ttl 86400)
    (data "209.196.61.71"))))
 (authorities
  ((".gnus.org"
    (type NS)
    (class IN)
    (ttl 86400)
    (data "ns1.psychetect.com"))
   (".gnus.org"
    (type NS)
    (class IN)
    (ttl 86400)
    (data "ns1.netfonds.no"))
   (".gnus.org"
    (type NS)
    (class IN)
    (ttl 259200)
    (data "dns.sclp.com"))))
 (additionals
  ((".dns.sclp.com"
    (type A)
    (class IN)
    (ttl 86400)
    (data "209.196.61.66")))))

Well, ok, that's probably to verbose output from this function.  :-)

   address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen