Re: table.el 1.6.1

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: table.el 1.6.1
Date: 31 Mar 2002 22:40:18 +0200

>     However, the current code executes the point-entered and point-left
>     property hooks as a consequence of point moving in and out of the same
>     interval.  Is that intentional?
>
> I can't follow the meaning of that sentence.  Would you please say it
> more clearly?

The point-entered and point-left properties are handled in
set_point_both, so if point leaves and reenters the same interval
due to executing a command, those hooks are executed (superfluously?)

Since my idea of doing a mode-line update in the same place if
an interval is left or entered -- and you argue that is not the
proper place -- maybe you think it isn't the right place for
the point-entered / point-left hooks either.