fns-*.el and load-history

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: fns-*.el and load-history
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 19:36:52 -0500

Is there any reason why we have this funny

        lib-src/fns-<version>.el
plus
        symbol-file-load-history-loaded

plus some code to write/read the load-history to/from that file ?

Why not do

        (setq load-history (copy-sequence (purecopy load-history)))

at the end of loadup.el so that the history is (mostly) in purespace.
That seems both simpler and more efficient (in my case at least fns-*.el
is pretty much always loaded anyway, but with the current scheme it's not
in pure space).

        Stefan

PS: the `copy-sequence' is because the spine of load-history is
    destructively modified with setcar/setcdr when re-loading a file.