Re: etags confused with uppercase filenames (on Windows)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: etags confused with uppercase filenames (on Windows)
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 10:22:17 -0500

> > From: "Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden>
> > Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 11:02:49 -0500
> >
> > But I do think that #! should take precedence since I'd rather
> > not change the existing behavior on POSIX systems.
>
> Does it really make sense to have etags behavior be different on
> different platforms?  Especially given the fact that some file you are
> working on can well come from a Windows system that exports its
> filesystem?

I didn't say the behavior should be different.  Just that the current
behavior works fine on the free systems that we care about, so we
should make this change lower down the precedence rather than
higher up, unless we think it's also a desirable (rather than just
harmless) change for the case-sensitive systems, of course.

        Stefan