portable dumper (Re: window.c initialization fix)

From: 永野圭一郎
Subject: portable dumper (Re: window.c initialization fix)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:19:53 +0900

Hi,

At Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:01:56 +0200,
Pavel Janík wrote:
>    > (Now I'm working for 'portable dumper', a new feature for Emacs.  I
>    > was troubled by this bug, bacause, with portable dumper, all basic
>    > Lisp_Objects (Qnil, Qt, Vobarray and so on) are relocated to unusual
>    > address.)
>
> can you tell us more about that feature, please?

  The aim of the portable dumper is to solve the same problem as the
  system-specific dumper, that is to be able to reload quickly, using
  only a small number of files, the fully initialized lisp part of the
  editor, without any system-specific hacks. (XEmacs Internals Manual)

I have done with the portable dumper for Meadow, and now we (Meadow
developers) are testing it.  Soon I will make a patch for FSF Emacs.

--
Keiichiro Nagano