Re: across terminals

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: across terminals
Date: 25 Apr 2002 20:31:22 +0900

    Eli> IIRC, \ and _ have some issues on Japanese keyboards.

Yes, although the list is \ (the code point maps to YEN SYMBOL), ~
(OVERBAR), and | (BROKEN BAR = U+00A6).

There's another problem that I've occasionally encountered, is that my
muscle memory knows where "the key that invokes eval-expression" is in
a way that isn't entirely linked to "where : is".  Non-US keyboards
tend to move punctuation around a lot.