Re: Bad configure check

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: Bad configure check
Date: 25 Apr 2002 15:21:23 -0400

On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 10:19, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> This configure check is bad:

I don't see why.

[...]

> The ability to do chown depends on the environment, this cannot be checked
> at configure time.  The user who runs configure is usually different to
> the user who runs Emacs.  The test must be performed at runtime.

The test is performed to see if we can install `update-game-score' as
setuid to a specific game user. If we can't, then we don't make it
setuid, and just default to putting game scores in each users' home
directory.

How do you propose to perform this at runtime?  It don't think that
makes sense.