Re: Enhancements to "minor-mode-map-alist" functionality.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Enhancements to "minor-mode-map-alist" functionality.
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 16:16:29 -0600 (MDT)

    > Would a single added alist do the job?

    I think a package should be able to create its own alist and
    link it into the -map-alists list.

I am not convinced.  I very much want to avoid adding more features in
this area than we really need.

      Then packages like cua and
    viper don't need to worry about each other...

I don't know what this is about.  What concretely does this refer to?
Let's see what the alternatives really are and then compare them.

    So would I, but what symbol should describe-bindings show in case
    of a boolean expression?  E.g.

None, perhaps.  It can just call them "emulation mode bindings".