Re: More Latin-9 input methods?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: More Latin-9 input methods?
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 09:02:33 -0600 (MDT)

    Would it be a good idea to create more Latin-9 input methods?  For
    example, Germans are probably switching from Latin-1 to Latin-9, but
    the german-prefix input method produces Latin-1 characters.

I think we should improve input method support for Latin-9,
but I think that it would be much simpler to add a flag
to make Latin-1 input methods handle Latin-9 instead,
rather than making a whole set of alternate input methods.

Perhaps unify-8859-on-decoding-mode is that flag.