Re: Improved awk-mode for emacs

From: Aharon Robbins
Subject: Re: Improved awk-mode for emacs
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 15:23:43 +0300

Greetings.  Thanks for copying me on your new awk mode.

I don't use Emacs, so I don't have any major comments about it.  I did
peruse it though, and I want to point out that it looks like you've
based it on gawk 3.0.x, not 3.1.x.  Gawk 3.1 has a new variable, TEXTDOMAIN,
and a number of new functions, all of which are documented in its
gawk.texi and gawk.info files.  I would suggest that you update your
awk mode code to include the new features.

Gawk 3.1.1 should be released this week, it adds one more function for
compatibility with the current version of GNU gettext.

I am glad that you use gawk and have gone to the trouble to work on
an improved awk mode for Emacs.  I encourage any activity that helps
to promote awk. :-)

Thanks!

Arnold Robbins