Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs
Date: 08 May 2002 10:31:21 +0900

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> >     - - struct.el [medium]

This sounds like a nice feature, but I think (as I've mentioned before)
that it should be renamed, since `struct' is generally used to refer to
refer to lisp structures, such as those created by `defstruct' (in cl).

> >     - - begendol.el [small]
>
> Enhanced C-a: Subsequent C-a's will jump between the beginning of the line
> and the indentation.
> Enhanced C-e: Subsequent C-e's moves one character backwards on the line.

This sounds far too wierd to be any kind of default.  [I'm even
skeptical whether they'd ever get used; they seem like very `personal'
definitions.]

> >     - - colordif.el [small]
> >     which adds color to (vc) diff output
> >
> > Do we want to install this unconditionally in diff.el?  If so, it is good.
>
> It is fully customizable, so I don't see why not.

I agree with Alex, that it's better to use the existing `diff-mode' for
`M-x diff' output (it's already used for VC diff output).

All the other packages you mentioned sound reasonable.

-Miles
--
I have seen the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo