Re: Encoding for auto-save files

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Encoding for auto-save files
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 12:58:08 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, 8 May 2002 address@hidden wrote:
>
>> After all, M-x recover-file RET and friends don't show me
>> the contents of the autosave file.
>
> ??? Of course they do: what do you think is that text you are looking at
> after M-x recover-file?

Err.  I should express myself better.  I meant that with C-x C-f I can
compare the file with its autosave file.  M-x recover-file RET asks me
whether I want to recover a file, but doesn't show me the contents.

Or is there a feature I missed that will show me the differences
between a file and its autosave?  (Then I guess that Emacs and my
system are too stable: I recover files very very rarely. :-)

kai
--
Silence is foo!