Re: CUA mode cursor color

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: CUA mode cursor color
Date: 15 May 2002 23:23:29 +0200

>     I'd like cua-rect.el to be the default too :-)
> Could you tell me what feature it provides?

- Rectangle highlighting

- rectangles are not confined to actual line lengths, e.g.
  if the buffer contains lines like this (X marks the position
  of the cursor

  it is possible (straight-forward) to mark a rectangle like this
  (where the +'s marks the corners of the rectangle

           + aaaaaaaaa +
           +  dddddX   +

  i.e. the rectangle can be wider than the length of the line
  where the cursor is located (the lower right corner above).

- rectangles are killed, copied and yanked using C-w, M-w, and C-y.

- to upcase/lowercase a rectangle, use M-u/M-l

- to "open" or "close" a rectangle, use M-o/M-c

- M-r does replace-regexp in the rectangle

For more information, see the commentary in emulation/cua-base.el

To try it out, just enable CUA mode on the Options menu, and
mark a rectangle using S-RET.