Re: [usability] mouse-1 for performing actions?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [usability] mouse-1 for performing actions?
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 18:43:33 -0600 (MDT)

    Cut-and-paste is functionally equivalent to drag-and-drop, but the
    interface is different.  I just tried nedit, it supports
    drag-and-drop: you mark something with mouse-1, then press mouse-2 on
    it, then drag the mouse and you will see the text move in real-time,
    as you move the mouse.  Releasing the mouse button then finishes the
    move.

    Drag-and-drop gives the user more feedback about what happens.

It would be interesting to try implementing this in Emacs; I don't
think it should be terribly hard.